Thursday, January 5, 2023

Sweet gingerbread . . .

This darling digital is from Sherri Baldy of My Besties, and reminds me somewhat of Aunt Jemima, who used to be on maple syrup bottles (oh my, I'm probably "dating" myself - haha). I used diecuts for framing, and also alternated colors of my die cut corners, adding a pearl to each center. You can't really see, but I used drywall mesh tape across the card center. A few added pearls around my sweet cookie, and this card is ready to be sent off. This card is also designated as my GDT card for My Besties Brasil for January - not sure my posting timing is right, though. Wishing all a happy and healthy 2023. I've entered the following challenges: Double Trouble - AG; Dream Valley - Christmas; My Besties Brasil - AG; My Besties International - AG; My Besties Spanish - AG; Penny's Challenge - AG; Rabisco - AG; The Paper Shelter - AG

7 comments:

  1. How cute, Lillian! I remember Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup. When I was age 10, I made a doll with my grandmother using the likeness of Aunt Jemima. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #128.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillian, what an adorable card, love the background paper and how the corner embellishments also seem to frame around the two scalloped frames for your cute Gingerbread image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillian, what a cute card! When I read that you used drywall mesh when making it, I just had to enlarge it to see how you included it... super clever!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents not only for this challenge, but for so many of our Double Trouble challenges in 2022!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. I can see why she reminds you of a cute little Aunt Jemima! Sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for participating in the Rabisco Challenge, Lillian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Lilian, gorgeous colours and Design. Thank you for sharing with us at My Besties Spanish Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really cute design.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete