Friday, September 11, 2015

Reading is the best

Ah yes, school time once again, so the buses are rolling.   One of the most important things in life is to encourage your child to read.  I know there are many electronic devices out now, but I still want my satisfaction to be from a paperback (or the occasional hardcover) where I can hold it and turn pages and not have to worry about a battery running low.   Call me "old school" - hahaha.
With that thought in mind, this Eureka bear is a perfect portrayal of just that!  I've pretty much just used layers and diecuts here, some brads, a bit of ribbon and an apple brad that I recycled off a card.  Oh, and added a little faux stitching around the image.
I would like to enter these challenges:

Eureka Stamps - back to school
Incy Wincy Designs - for the boys
Melonheadz and Friends - school
Not Just Cards - AG
Tuesday Throwdown - AG

4 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the image& I love your card design!
    Thanks for playing at Eureka Stamps this week in our Back to school challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the apple (for the teacher) background papers you have used. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week and hope to see you again. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, great coloring, and I love the apple paper too. Thanks for joining us this week for our back to school challenge at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge Blog this week. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete